Friday, February 27, 2009

Knitting Basket

I just returned from Michaels where I got some things to organize my knitting basket. I've been using a shoe box (from Target, no less), so I bought a pretty fabric basket with handles and pockets around the edges.

I also got a little round tin for stitch markers and other bitty things, and a flat tin to hold a felt needle book. Now I am totally inspired to make a knitting needle roll, too. I will take pictures of the lovely organized result when I'm done! I also got the spring/summer Debbie Bliss knitting magazine - so pretty and well-photographed. And, as always, with the world's most adorable baby clothes - I love the pea coat, the striped dress and the bunny w/ sweater.


Here is a picture of the basket with all my knitting bits and bobs, and the finished needle roll, which I made in striped linen and flowered cotton. It was very easy, and only took a couple of hours. I don't have too many needles (this is about half), since I have a set of Knitpicks Harmony interchangeable circulars, which come in their own neat ordered little case.

No comments: