Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Whirlwind

I'm so excited about Christmas this year. I sometimes feel, like everyone else who celebrates a family-centric holiday involving gifts, decorations, cooking and visitors, overwhelmed by Christmas. But not this year. First of all, we are staying home, and some of our family are coming to stay. This, to me, is the best kind of Christmas. We have a big house; it is no inconvenience to have guests. I like my own fireside best of all.

I have big plans for Christmas cooking, involving filet of beef and 5 kinds of Christmas cookies:
ambrosia macaroons
chocolate almond butter toffee
cut-out cookies
cinnamon pecan shortbread
brown butter cookies

Some of these will go to the cookie exchange.
The lights are up, the garland is on the mantlepiece, and the tree will be coming home soon. Christmas gift shopping is still looming, but I am looking forward to it.

No comments: