Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Knitting for Baby

My newest niece, Emma Lucy, was born yesterday. I started this sweater for her back in April, and I put in an hour or so last night weaving in ends and adding silk ties. It's ready to go with a china cup and bowl set and a pair of little shoes. The pattern is Lion Brand Little Luxury Kimono, and the yarn is Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK in Nest Egg.

This scarf is for Audrey, the 8 month old baby of a friend. She tried to learn to knit, but was too busy, so I promised to make a scarf out of this pretty Elann Baby Silk (baby alpaca & silk) in Raspberry. The pattern is Irish Hiking Scarf, available for free on Ravelry. I'm completely in love with that velvet ribbon (Rose Pink, from M & J Trim in NYC, they mail order if you can't get there.)

No comments: