Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sewing World

I recently made a change in my sewing setup. It's in the basement, although it's nicer than that sounds since our basement is 1. finished, with a carpet and fireplace and 2. It has sliding glass doors out to the backyard. So it's a pretty nice big room down there. I used to have my sewing table next to the doors, and it felt creepy to have the black expanse of glass at night (I only have time to sew at night). Also, the room was too big. I felt lost in it.

I hung a curtain dividing the room in half. I moved my table over by the fireplace, put down a nice rug, set up the ironing board, and it's great. I went down last night and Monday night and sewed. I feel cozy instead of overwhelmed by the space. I still would love to have a light-filled attic studio with white curtains and a great view, but honestly, attics are hot in the summer and freezing in the winter, and our attic is unfinished at this point. I'm making do with what I've got, which is a lot, and I'm thankful for it.


The two projects I'm working on are:
Simplicity 4119

This is just about finished except for the hem, one side of the zipper and a portion of the inside lining. It will be nice for a summer wedding with a rose-colored pashmina and silver shoes.
Burda 9752

This blouse is about half done.

No comments: