Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Making me Happy Today

Among the many things making me happy today:

1. A lovely, perfectly formed 9-week baby with a healthy heartbeat.

2. The yam roll at Taste of Asia. Yam tempura, shitake mushroom and avocado. I know those of you in sushi-heavy cities might think this is silly, but this is West Virginia we're talking about and we do not take good sushi for granted. I also had a delicious spicy tuna roll with some crunch in it, and Jack stuffed himself with beef teriyaki and Thai spring rolls.

3. a glorious Indian summer three weeks into October.

4. Banana cake with coconut frosting



5. Light Showers from Lucia Johnson on Etsy. Purchased for the nursery and abovementioned healthy baby. To go with this cherry blossom print, taken by me here on campus 2 Mays ago. I framed it, but the glass was promptly broken by my husband, who has a knack for that sort of thing. So I need to make a trip to the handware store to get a new piece.

No comments: